Views From Kennewick

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Seminars, San Francisco, And Monkey Underwear




San Francisco truly is a magical city, but the magic I was seeking had nothing to do with the city itself. The magic is in the "Monkey Underwear."

In fact, I saw one hill, beautifully studded with lights at night, and the airport Hyatt hotel.

You see, I wasn't there to enjoy the delights of San Francisco. Along with about 52 other good folks I spent three days in an intensive working seminar, learning various strategies of Internet marketing and copywriting (sales writing or business writing.) The last day was spent in a Q & A session that lasted 16 hours for some of the participants.

We slaved and toiled and enjoyed every minute of this mind blowing seminar. And I do mean, we worked! Each day from 9 a.m. to about 5 p.m. we were in session, a break for lunch then dinner, then up to the suite for several hours of more work. It was 12-16 hour days of intense learning from incredible people.

This seminar was hosted by Dr. Harlan Kilstein and Tina Lorenz. There are no words to describe the magnitude of this project, or the goodness of these people. I know the participants worked hard, but Harlan, Tina and their team were magnificent.

Dr. Kilstein and Tina Lorenz promised over-delivery of information, and they did not let us down. Every moment was crammed with useful information. They worked with us, they helped us, encouraged us to step out of our comfort zones.

Guest speakers included David Garfinkle, one of the greats of copywriting and a real mensch! Jim VanWyck, a superb human being, the kind that will watch your back and help you every step of the way. Joel Comm, the hilarious "go to" guy for AdSense. Alex Mandossian - human dynamo. And Sandra--Dr. Kilstein's right-hand woman, she is remarkable.

The kindness of these people, their concern and dedication to our collective success is beyond measure.

Did I mind not seeing the sights of San Francisco? Not one bit!

Did I miss going to Fisherman's Wharf? Nope. Didn't care.

All I wanted is exactly what I got, a learning experience unlike any I've experienced before.

They promised over-delivery, and over-delivery they gave. And, they gave more, and more.

Two comments worth note from the attendees; "I'm so glad I couldn't find a job, because now I can make some REAL money." And, "My God! I think we've sucked the Internet right out of the air!"

I'll take monkey underwear any day of the week.

Thank you, Harlan, Tina, Jim, David, Alex, Joel, Sandra. Thank you to all the attendees for this remarkable experience.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home